International Fashion: The Autumn Winter 2012 Round Up
The warm weather’s only just upon us but we can’t help but look forward to next season’s opulent prints and sumptuous fabrics. Look out for dark, moody florals, ferocious animal prints and tantalising textile clashes as contrasting fabrics are fused together.
Deep, gothic purple and mauve with flashes of forest green and Renaissance brocade. Jonathan Saunders‘ graphic jacquard set our hearts a flutter, and Roland Mouret‘s impeccable tailoring makes for a collection full of timeless investment pieces.
Luxe silk; complex Baroque prints and origami folds from the likes of Dries Van Noten, Kenzo, Proenza Schouler, Haider Ackermann and Hermione de Paula as well as Modern Love, discovered by the Liberty buyers at our Best of British Open Call. Don’t miss House of Hackney‘s floral dresses, which feature the same prints as their beautiful homewares.
It’s a fabulous fashion rainbow with rich berry shades from Jonathan Saunders, Christopher Kane and Haider Ackermann; luscious lime from Peter Pilotto, cool cobalt from Richard Nicoll and vibrant violet from Roksanda Ilincic. We love going matchy-matchy and coordinating our shades, then spicing it up with a contrasting accessory like Alexander Wang‘s studded Rocco bag, now in scarlet.
A delightful collage of textures, prints and hues, we saw an enticing combination of fabrics sitting alongside one another on the catwalks. Liberty favourite Michael Van Der Ham has built his reputation on his ability to skillfully juxtapose textiles, and this season the likes of Carven and Sharon Wauchob have gotten in on the act.
Fit for a queen: think gilded sheers from Michael Van Der Ham, metallic tweed from Teatum Jones, dazzling Swarovski crystal embellishment from Sharon Wauchob, sparkling glitter jeans from Acne and silk smoking jackets from Stella McCartney. Team with stunning EK Thongpresart jewellery and a Chloe beaded handbag – coming soon to our new Accessories Emporium.
Into The Wild
Hear us roar with lashings of leopard print: sequin encrusted knitwear from Sister by Sibling for Lulu & Co, the return of B Store Loves Liberty with flashes of print in pockets, House of Hackney mini dresses and fuzzy cardigans and Christopher Kane‘s sensational biker jacket and tailored coat.
At our Press Day last week Liberty Head of Press Kate Brindley has some top tips for this season’s investments:
1. Leather and lots of it – down to the fine detail of leather piping at Christopher Kane.
2. For AW12 the lady is a vamp: I’m going uptown in statement dresses from Roland Mouret and Roksanda Ilincic and my it bag is from Valentino… when I’m going downtown in will be in Richard Nicoll’s cobalt blue shirt dress – killer colour in a relaxed silhouette
3. My colours of the season are purple, lavender and inky blue.
Plus our Womenswear Buyer Stephanie Jones picked out her 5 favourite pieces:
1. Sharon Wauchob Swarovski coat – Exclusive to Liberty this classic coat is given a luxurious twist with the subtle black Swarovski detailing
2. Roland Mouret pencil dress – We’re excited to have picked up Roland Mouret for Autumn Winter 12, his classic yet sexy dresses are a great addition to any woman’s wardrobe.
3. Roksanda Ilincic purple dress – Roksanda is also new to us for Autumn Winter 12. This stretch crepe dress in a gorgeous rich purple will get you in the mood for some Christmas cocktails.
4. Peter Pilotto padded jacket – Peter Pilotto’s puffa in their signature print is a really fun way to do the coat of the season.
5. McQ cream jumper dress – This knit dress embodies McQ’s aesthetic as the fun-loving little sister of mainline Alexander McQueen. Retailing at £465 it’s a must-have for AW12.