WIN: Afternoon Tea for Two at Café Liberty with Our Perfect Pancake Recipe
Tuesday 12th February is Shrove Tuesday, otherwise known as Pancake Day. In honour of this traditional day of cooking we’re offering the chance for one lucky person to WIN a traditional afternoon tea for two in store at Café Liberty! All you need to do is visit our Facebook page and tell us your perfect pancake filling . Whether you’ve got a sweet tooth and play it safe with a lemon and sugar filling, are exotic with salted caramel and banana, or are a savoury lover with a soft spot for mushroom and Brie – we want to know. Enter by 12pm on Monday 11th February for your chance to win this tasty prize.
To help you test out some of your delicious fillings Café Liberty’s Head Chef, Ivan Blasco, has shared his simple, fail-safe recipe for delectably light pancakes suitable for sweet and savoury fillings.
1 cup (200ml) of plain flour
1 cup (200ml) of milk
- Whisk or blend in a blender all the ingredients and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Pour a small amount of vegetable oil (about 1 dessert spoon) on a non-stick pan and heat on a medium heat.
- Using a ladle or pouring directly from the blender cover the bottom of the pan with the batter.
- Flip the pancake once the top becomes matte and small bubbles start to appear.
- Repeat the process until the batter is finished, adding only a drop of oil whenever necessary.
- Fill with your favourite fillings.
- The first pancake always sticks, so discard the first one.
- This batter has no salt or sugar and the pancakes taste great with both sweet and savoury fillings.
- You can use a spatula or a palate knife to flip the pancakes, but it is not hard to flip them. Try it!