All stitched up
Get your pencils ready quilters here is the line up of Quilty Pleasure events happening at Liberty this spring…
1. Quilty Pleasures- The season of quilts at Liberty extends through the store with a selection of amazing examples draped from our atriums with Katherine May’s Barbie and Action man quilts and her Liberty Charity quilt amongst others all ready to peruse from today (18th March) until 12th April.
2. Quilty Pleasure windows- Quilts at Liberty are not as you know them. We’ve comissioned textile artists Amanda Fatherazi (Of Best of British fame) and Lou Gardiner to turn the humble quilt into an exciting portal for the voyeur. Come gaze through our windows on Great Marlborough Street from today and all will be revealed!
3. Haberdashery- Is quilt heaven with a library of interesting books on the topic (especially Sue Prichard’s new book Quilt 1700-2010) bundles of patchwork fabrics, threads and accessories to create your own masterpiece.
4. Selvedge- A quilting talk with Becky Oldfield founder of Lost and Found, a company that marries quilting techniques with vintage fabrics to create original products. Talk will be hosted in store and will be £20 pounds per person and includes a glass of prosecco and savoury snacks. On 8th April from 18.00-20.00pm. Contact customer services on email@example.com for more details and to book.
5. Liberty Charity Quilt- We have comissioned textile artist Katherine May to create a one-off beautiful quilt made with Liberty print fabric and textiles and clothes from members of Liberty staff. This quilt will be auctioned for our charity of choice Variety Club on 6th April with final bid on the 16th April. Stay tuned to Ebay to place your bid for this piece of Liberty history.
6. Quilt Sewing school- As part of our sewing school schedule we are featuring some interesting quilt days in store.
“Home is where the heart is” 27th March with Janet Goddard
“Intermediate Patchwork” 1st May with Janet Goddard
Contact customer services on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to book.