We take a look at what’s been happening at Get Creative this week including Alex Monroe bespoke necklaces, jewellery engraving, personalised cutlery and letter pressing.
On the ground floor we have jewellery and fragrance engraving. Some customers took the liberty and bought special Liberty print charm bracelets, then had the silver engraved with names or personal messages.
We’ll be doing this all weekend at Liberty so if you have a loved one’s birthday coming up, or want to be extra organised for Christmas gifts this year before the rush, don’t hesitate to head in-store.
Neighbouring the engraving stand was jewellery hall favourite, Alex Monroe, where custmers could create their own charm necklace. You had the option of gold, silver or rose gold, plus a briolette gemstone and charms. One of our favourites is the popular bumble bee charm – so adorable!
Some of our customers took their Alex Monroe charm necklaces over to the engraving stand and gave it that extra personal touch. You’ll be able to do this too all week with any jewellery item over £80.
If you missed out on creating your bespoke necklace, take a look at our collection of beautiful Alex Monroe jewellery.
Over in Gifts, we had a visit from the stamping masters at The Cutlery Commission. They had many kinds of cutlery on offer for you to choose from and personalise with your own messages. There’s nothing like a little witty addition to your cutlery draw! These make fantastic gifts, so if you didn’t get a chance to pop in today, have a browse of our range from The Cutlery Commission.
We recommend you stop by the workers from Marby & Elm, they’re absolutely charming and will be in-store creating you personalised correspondence cards and note cards with their flatbed Adana letterpress until Saturday afternoon. The retro colours are enough to draw anyone’s eye, cheering up your mail in a unique and fun way.
After seeing all these fantastic creations, why not join us at Get Creative today, tomorrow or Sunday! See what time the workshops are and the other events that are happening in-store. Feel free to post what you’ve created over this weekend, don’t forget to add #GetCreative @LibertyLondon.
Discover the Hellebore Pomegranate kitchenware collection, a new range by Emma Bridgewater that’s exclusive to Liberty.
On Friday 26 September, Emma Bridgewater will be joining us in the Dining Room for a personal appearance and signing of her new Hellebore Purple Pomegranate collection.
For the chance to buy some of these stunning pieces signed by Emma herself, visit our store between 1-2pm in the Dining Room on 3rd Floor. Be sure to arrive early to avoid missing out on this exclusive opportunity.
Emma has specially created an exclusive new pattern for us: a beautifully warm Pomegranate design that’s perfect for adorning your dining room this autumn. Emma’s inspiration for this range came from time she spent in Istanbul, where the strong earthy colours of the fruit caught her eye.
‘When I came home, I went to the covered market in Oxford, bought some, sliced them and started to draw them. I longed to recreate that stunning glamour and colour.’ – Emma Bridgewater.
Following last year’s exclusive Liberty print Wallflower Emma Bridgewater collection, we’re very excited about this next collection!
Discover the Hellebore Purple Pomegranate collection online.
Everyone’s been thinking about alfresco dining ideas.
With the recent heatwave hitting the UK hard, it’s been difficult not to spend all our time outdoors. Our new Flowers of Liberty range of luxurious, English-made homeware and gifts has been sliding off the shelves quicker than you can say Mary Berry this week – and for good reason.
Covered in our stunning Theodora Liberty print, our collection of plates, placemats and table accessories is the only way to serve up summertime dishes when dining alfresco.
Be inspired for your own garden outdoor dining ideas and share your pictures with us @Liberty #FlowersOfLiberty.
Interior designer Selina Lake talks about turning your outside space into a stylish setting with her tips on how to make, create and decorate
Selina Lake is a popular interiors’ stylist and best-selling author well known for her use of colour, and pretty, vintage and accessible style. Her work appears in magazines across the world, including Mollie Makes, Living etc, Homes & Antiques, Flow Magazine and Country Living as well as via her popular blog www.selinalake.blogspot.com. In her latest book ‘Selina Lake Outdoor Living‘ she takes her styling and decorating ideas outside and shares her style tips for outdoor lounging, garden parties, picnics, hideaways and weddings.
We’re excited to have Selina in-store Sunday 11 May 2-3pm in the Outdoor Living department on the 4th floor to launch her new book. Whether you’re eating alfresco or sleeping beneath the stars, ‘Selina Lake Outdoor Living’ is packed with inspiring and stylish ideas for enjoying outdoor life to the full. It’s a great opportunity to come and and meet Selina and get your hands on a signed copy of her book.
If you can’t make it into store, you can still pick up a few of Selina’s top tips right here as she shares some of the best bits from her book:
1. Logistically, setting up a dining table in the middle of a buttercup field, on a River bank or even at the bottom of your garden does involve a little pre-planning. Invest in a lightweight folding table for such occasions that can easily be assembled and ask your guests to bring along their own chairs – that way your create an easy and casual mix and match feel around the table. Remember to take a tablecloth along with you to cover up the table, perhaps a length of your favourite Liberty Print?
2. If like me you enjoy buying and collecting vintage Eiderdowns and unique cushions, then you could create a comfy patchwork seating area on the ground as a fun way to use them in the Summer months, when it’s too hot to adorn beds with them. I love Bluebellgrey Floral watercolour cushions available in Liberty’s Outdoor Living Dept.
3. I like using traditional gardening items in different ways. Could an old plant pot be used as a cutlery holder on your outside table? Or how about filling a wheelbarrow with ice and bottles of drinks to create a moveable bar perfect for a garden party?
Need a quick way to update your outdoor space for a party, barbecue or just because you feel it needs sprucing up? Selina has chosen three of her favourite pieces from the Liberty Outdoor Living department to give it a speedy update:
1. Liberty Print Deckchairs – I love deck chairs and I love Liberty prints so for me this is a perfect combo. These chairs would be a super edition to a garden, deck or balcony – how lovely to soak up the summer sunshine from these seats?
2. Turquoise Watering Can – ‘I garden therefore I am …’ Love the colour of this and it could double as an outdoor vase for long sprigs of Lilacs or hydrangeas.
3. Cream 6 Glass Carrier – this a great way to serve drinks at a garden party, you could add sprigs of wild flowers to the carrier using ribbon for an extra prettiness.
Liberty’s Head of Design for Liberty Art Fabrics and Furnishing Fabrics, Emma Mawston, offers her top tips on quick and easy ways to update your home for spring.
Now that spring is here with its longer days and lighter evenings, turn your attention to your home and brush off the winter cobwebs. Give it a spring clean and take pleasure in sprucing up your interiors with decorative touches. We’ve turned to our Head of Design at Liberty Art Fabrics and Furnishings Fabrics, Emma Mawston, for some easy tips on how to do this.
1) Visit an antique fair like Ardingly or a vintage shop like North Cross Vintage in East Dulwich and find yourself something unique and original. But here’s a word of warning: Go with something in mind or you could very easily end up buying lots of things you don’t need!
2) Wallpaper floorboards – mix wallpaper with painted boards and painted walls all in tonal colours so they blend together.
3) To make your bathroom walls original and interesting, buy lots of your favourite covers of old paperback books and cover your bathroom walls in them – forget about book-printed wallpaper.
4) Cover your living room in a beautiful background wallpaper, like Riley or Hebe. Then hang beautiful pictures on the wall to create a room ambience that is much more beautiful than painted walls.